Oak-Mitsui is recognized as the technological leader in the manufacture of high-quality electrodeposited copper foils for the printed circuit board industry. With the strength of international scope, Oak-Mitsui produces both conventional cladding and application specific copper foils required by technology's leading edge companies.
At Oak-Mitsui, copper foils are electroformed on revolving titanium drums, unique for the ability to deposit copper foils with a high-quality surface. Electroformed foils are then subjected to a variety of surface treating operations contingent upon end-use requirements. During treating, copper dendrites are deposited onto the foil surface to enhance bonding to B-staged resins upon lamination. A "barrier-layer" is deposited for promoting reliability in thermal applications, specific proprietary organic layers are applied to promote chemical adhesion, and foils are stain-proofed to prevent oxidation in shipping, storage, lamination and post-bake cycles.
From conventional cladding through precision electroformed systems, there are Oak-Mitsui foils for most applications:
- High Temperature elongation (HTE) foils for multilayer packages.
- Very low profile (VLP) foils for thin dielectrics and fine-line applications.
- Double-treated foils (DBT) for the assurance of factory bond strength on both sides.
- High ductility(HD) foils for flexible circuitry.
- Sophisticated treatments for PTFE, Polyimide, and various high Tg resins.
- Engineered foil/treatment systems for customer specific applications.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
For more information please contact us.